Saturday, January 14, 2006

This was really, really good.


I made these today, and they made me feel better. You might want to try them yourself with lots of real butter, syrup, Nueske's bacon, and ice cold milk. Did I do the right thing when I made this breakfast, or did I cross the line into questionable behavior? I don't know, but I do know that it made me feel better. No screaming in today's entry. I've taken that deep breath. Please join me.

RAGNAR'S REVIVIFYING BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil (or butter)
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


Beat the eggs and buttermilk in a bowl with a whisk or your KitchenAid. Mix the dry ingredients together and beat them into the eggs and milk until smooth. Then put them in the waffle iron until done.

"Life, within doors, has few pleasanter prospects than a neatly arranged and well-provisioned breakfast table."
Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804-1864)

Comments:
yes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?