Monday, April 03, 2006

God's Favorite Pie Crust


Since I have been sharing so many wonderful pie recipes, I thought it was about time for me to deliver my foolproof pie crust recipe as well. This may not be as exciting as some of my other entries, but it is probably much more productive. If you mess up the crust, even my upcoming splendiferous banana cream pie recipe will fail. As I prayed about this issue, God spoke to me, thanked me for my writings on Hell, expressed regret that his candidate would not be Governor, and gave me the following recipe. This is what God wants for you.






God's Favorite Pie Crust

3 cups flour
1 1/4 cup lard
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
---------------------
Mix with large spoon and then hands until lard disseminates.

Combine
1 egg beaten
5 tblsp water
1 tblsp vinegar
And pour the mixture over the dry ingredients, and mix with hands until dough comes together. Break into four pieces, make them flat and circular, and roll out the first pie crust. Fold into quarters, and unfold in the pan, then trim and crimp the edges. If you only need one, then Saran Wrap the remaining disks, put them in a ziplock bag and freeze them. The extras will then be available when you need them, thawing in just a couple of hours.


God endorsed, Mom tested.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?